Once the optimisation has been started, having first taken care to define the optimisation perimeter, go into the History tab to:
- track the processing of the optimisation in the course of its execution
- analyse any accounts that have been ignored by the optimisation
- access the summary of optimisations that have been finished or accepted
- accept an optimisation from its summary, to create events in the agendas of the resourcces concerned
- refuse an optimisation if the results are unsatisfactory
- view the optimisations history
> Geo-scheduling tab > History
The History tab shows the progress of the optimisation, but also serves to manipulate a history of optimisation processes and to display them in the summary.
The optimisation history displays automatically once the optimisation perimeter has been defined and the optimisation launched via the Optimise button (Geo-scheduling tab > Optimization option). In this case, a message displays to indicate that the optimisation has been sent to the server:
Depending on which execution cycle is currently processing, an optimisation may have a status of:
- Waiting for start: this status indicates that the perimeter to optimise is in the process of being sent to the remote server for execution of the route optimisation process
- In progress: this status indicates that the data for the perimeter to optimise have been transmitted to the optimisation server and are in the process of being integrated: this step may take from several tens of seconds to several minutes (or even more, for an optimisation relating to several weeks or concerning a large number of resources)
- Finished: this status indicates that the route optimisation process is terminated. The optimisation results then need to be accepted or rejected
- Accepted: this status indicates that the optimisation results have been accepted and that any associated events have been created in the agendas of the resources concerned
- Rejected: this status indicates that the optimisation results have been rejected
Tracking the optimisation
The Optimizations table lists optimisation processes in progress and can be refreshed to track progress of the processing in progress using the Refresh button at the bottom left of the table. The Status column is then updated.
The Delete finished optimizations button purges the list of optimisations for which the status is Finished, Accepted or Rejected.
During optimisation, the Status remains on Started for the duration of the process:
On completion, and following a refresh action on the list, the optimisation status switches to Finished:
When the optimisation has completed, the Summary column shows a link to the optimisation summary page created, and the results, that can be accepted or validated as required:
More Opti-Time Help...
Consult Opti=-Time Help to find out how to:
- Analyse the optimisation summary
- Manage optimisations history
- Define account constraints
- Define resource constraints
- Geocode resources
- Localise events